Monday, June 8, 2020

Bar B Q an loss of a Friend

Well, warmer weather, lots of Rain and Thunderstorms and it cooled down, We had some nice Spare Ribs and Pork Steak so I fired up the Grill,  My Webber !!
.
.
I like Charcoal cooking, there is a nice taste to Pork cooked over charcoal slowly and we eat more Port than Beef !
.
And it is time for Bar B Q Pork Spare Ribs, Pork Steak, Fresh Homemade Macaroni Salad, Homemade apple sauce and homemade BBQ Dipping Sause !
.
.
My Honey likes BBQ like I do and it was a good meal, we are truly Blessed !
.
Yesterday was a Sad Day, we went to the Burial of a Fellow Police Officer I worked years with.  We all chipped in and Bought his Wife a "Memorial Apple Tree" and it was delivered (Saturday) and Planted.  Nice big tree !
.
.
Standing in Line we watched as the Tree was unloaded into a predug hole that had most of Mikes Ashes spread in the Bottom and the Tree was placed on top of them !
.
.
Tom followed by Mikes Widow Donna went and spread the remainder of her Husbands Ashes on top of the root ball and let them finish planting the Apple Tree.
.
.
The Apple Tree, Mikes Ashes, and we then we all gathered after it was Planted !
.
.
It was a sad day but Mike suffered 2 years with Cancer and now his pain is over, his widow is pleased and we did our Duty to a Fellow Policeman with Pride, Courage and Commitment !
.
We have another Policeman in the ICU in Syracuse at Crouse Memorial, he had a mole on his back cut off, it was cancer, it has spread thru his body and he is comng home on Hospice,  he is younger than I am and was part of my Class !
.

.
Don't Forget, Remember our Vets !

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Unique tribute and wonderful way to remember a husband, that one is new to me, good stuff.
It is good when both parts of the team like the same things. I think it was Paul Harvey who made the term "Pork, the other white meat," popular. We enjoy pork ourselves, but not so much charcoaling any more, but I do have a grill to fire upt every once in awhile.
Love from down in North CArolina.
Sherry & jack

Unknown said...

System recalculation: ip address verification on post.