Wednesday, July 1, 2020

1 Year Anniversary

Today, July 1st we have been in our New (Old) House a year today, does not seem like a year has gone by but it has.
.
.

Our Humble abode of 1 year !
.
Well, currently I am on Doxycycline Monohydrate, 100 MG twice a day, if you can pronounce your smarter than I am !    I am on it for 10 days,  I got bit by a Tick, (Deer Tick) !
.
.
Little Bugger got me in the crook of my Left Arm he really burrowed in deep, I saw the black dot but thought it was a Black Fly Bite and was a drop of Blood, wiped it off,  Dot disappeared, I went to bed.  Got up and my black dot was back, sticking up in the Air, closer look and sure enough it was a tick and it was filled with blood,  My Honey ran and got tweezers and we managed to get ahold of the thing and gently pull, ease off, pull, ease off and after several of these pulls, out came the tick !
.
.
Above is the Deer Tick on a Q Tip inside a Plastic Bag.  I wiped the hole with Peroxice and Alcohol wipes, My Honey called the Doctors Office at (am and they said get right in !
.
.
In the Doctors Office they checked my arm, the hole it burrowed into and cleaned it and said to go get some Anti Biotics !  Got a good magnified picture of the tick full of my blood,   they do not send them out any more to be tested as there are no labs to do it, so they flushed the tick after killing it. They called it in (Doxycycline Monohydrate, 100 MG )and we went and got it, have to monitor the site for 10 days.
.
Hopefully we removed it the right was and no Poison got into my blood stream !
.
Don't Forget, remember our Vets !

2 comments:

Susie said...

Woody, you take care and get well soon. Hope your weekend is good. Blessings to you and your wife, xoxo, Susie

jack69 said...

Ouch, thanks for the q-tip/tick picture. I needed that. I kept hearing they were small but I never did see one. Once in a remote area I was given the treatment for Lyme because they 'Thought' I might have it, but they did not have the facilities to be sure I finally ended up in Adams, Mass (Sherry remembers!) We got a phone call later that I did not have it.
BUT I have always wondered the size because All I had ever seen was on my dog and they were easy to get at.
THANKS again hope all B's well.
I needed that education, y'all done good!.
Sherry & jack sending good thoughts and also love....