Monday, February 8, 2021

Repair Work an Wood work

I went into making Wooden Figures years ago when I had too much free time and needed to stay busy !  I first made small wooden Birds,  Loons and kept busy !

.

.
These figures above I made years ago when we lived next door at 33 Wilna Ave,  , The Sailor in the center I gave to the owner of the House we now live in.  I made a complete set for the Fort Drum Military Base of all Branches and they are still on display !
.
.
I made sets for the VFW and also the American Legion Post but they have came up Missing. 
.
.
A close up of some of the ones done and going out !  I have been asked to start making them again but have to think about it !
.
.
These were some of the ones I made when we lived in the Village of Carthage on South Washington Street,  The Sailor in the "Crackerjack" went to a Friend of Mine at the American Legion , 1 of the Gunney Sgts. went to a Lady for her Husbands Grave, I lasted a long time as she lived across the street and watched it, she took it in during the winter and put it back out in spring !
.

.
I had to fix the Arm on this Swabby my Oldest Bother made for me over 30 years ago !  The other Sailor the one that sat in my Office at the American Legion for 15 years.
.
.
"CORPSMAN, CORPSMAN" !   "Man Down",  My PO 1 tipped over and broke his right arm off!!  This Old Swabby has been with me for over 30 years, had to fix him !
.
.
Lucky this MA had some HM training,  Drilled a small dowel hole, Elmers Wood Glue, 1/1/2 sheetrock screw and grafted his Arm back on !    
.
He should be back at his Duty Station tomorrow by the Fire Place !!
.

.
.

2 comments:

jackie said...

Wow, those are awesome. That is quite a talent to be able to do that!
If you start making them again, I would like to buy a marine, my 22 year old grandson is serving right now! Thanks for showing them!

jack69 said...

Good work and also a great talent. Somehow it demands respect when art like yours is displayed. BUT YEP! anything of wood is gonna require repair.
Good on you mate!
Sherry & jack trying to relax and be good.
Hugs to your sweet lady today and always.