Saturday, February 5, 2022

Next Chapter 75

 February, a Cold and Bitter Month here in the North Country,  I was born into this world three quarters of a Century ago and will celebrate those 75 years soon,  Father said the day they brought me home with Mother from the Hospital it was a terrible day, there was Snow Banks 6 to 8 feet tall, he carried me into the House first, then went back to his 1938 Ford Sedan and got my Mother and half carried her into the House where I joined my Brother John, Jim, Sister Janice, Brother Donnie and my Sister Beverly !  My Aunt Tressa and My Aunt Sarah were there watching my sisters and brothers.   I was a large Baby my Mother said.  I was the Baby of the Family until Mother had a set of Twin Boys, Ronald and Roland !

.

.
Mother and I in 1948, I had long Blonde Hair !!!  
.
.
This is me and my Great Grandmother, Sarah Ellen McKain Hall,  Right from Ireland.  This is where some of my Irish Blood Line Came from !
.
.
My Oldest Brother John and I !
.
.
I was rugged, had to be in a Family of 8 children, usually always several cousins and neighbor kids at the house,  No Belt for me as elastic held my pants up and usually I was always barefoot till snowfall !
.
.
Left is Brothers Jim and Donnie, Me in front of Dad, sister Bev and Mother, we are all out fixing fence with Father !
.
.
Me in middle with brothers and cousins !
.
.
Sisters Bev and My Sister Janice holding me and Brother Donnie,   
.
.
The Boys, John Jim, Donnie, Me, Ronnie and Roland !!!!
.
.
Our Family !
.
.
Above is some of the family, not all !!!
.
Sadly missing John, Janice and Donnie and Father and Mother !
.
.
I am holding a Cap Gun, Holster on,  Dressed warmly in February of 1957 !!!!  Always knew I wanted to be a Law Man !  
.
.
Yup, Buck Teeth,  Big Ears and smiling !!!  Growing up in the Country !,   I had left the country school, now went to Town to the "Big School" !
.


.
My First Guitar,  I knew right then I was going to be on Stage in Nashville singing with all them Hero's of mine !  This was about 1960
.
.
My Second Guitar, A souped up Electric, Mail Order from Catalog , now I  knew I would be Famous country singer !!
.
.
Well, Dreams can come true, In 2011 while heading to Florida for the Winter we stopped in Nashville,  We went to the Grand Ole Opera in the morning, It was closed, there was a Guard by the Door and he saw I had a Police T Shirt on found out he was retired from a Police Department near where I worked and he let us in !   Well I headed for the stage, there were these 2 Guitars leaning up on stands there, I picked one up and : "I stood in the Circle and sang and Played" where so many many Great Opera Stars had done before !  What an awesome feeling, when I stopped playing I heard applause and saw about 10 to 12 people standing there who were taking a private tour of the Opera !  
.
This I think is enough for tonight,     AND THE STORY WILL CONTINUE WITH PICTURES................................
.
.

3 comments:

Eileen in Fla. said...

You come from a beautiful family and have many happy memories I bet.

jack69 said...

GREAT, what an interesting post. Love the pictures. You are fortunate to have that many, wow!. Love you and grandma! Yeah I smiled at the boy and the cap buster. Yep some dreams do come true, planning sure helps. Funny how the life of a policeman got you on stage. Good stuff.
Sherry & jack Stay warm and SAFE!

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful trip down memory lane, Woody. I loved seeing all the old pictures and how wonderful that you had such a big family. I love that you got to go on stage in Nashville's Grand Old Opry. How special!!!! Diana