Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Treasures

We went for a ride the other day and went up to this quaint little shop right full of any and everything "Old" or almost old !   I was looking around because My Honey had found something shew has been looking for for quite a while and this shop had them,  She was dickering over the Price and I looked around a corner of a storage area not part of the shop and spotted a couple items that drew my interest,  But First My Honey  !!

.

.
 The Wife found this pair of "Bear Paw" Snow Shoes, she wanted them as she always had a pair and over the years they disappeared!    Well Sir, she struck a Deal and now has them and now we just need Snow !
.
This is what she is waiting for to try this coming winter,  Today it was just 90 degrees finally and very Hot and Humid !    We had some terrible winds and rain yesterday, but I still am not anxious for this stuff pictured above !!!
.
.
I had the Modified Bear Paws because of my Height, needed longer ones !
.
.
This was my "Find" while snooping around,  Lady said it really wasn't for sale as it was broken,  I asked her if I could look at it and she said it was OK !
.
.
This is an Autoharp or Zither from the Oscar Schmidt Company,  This one made around 1918-1920 sold back then for $30.00 dollars by the Chartola.   I remember my Grand Mother had one similar to this one we would sneek into her room and bang on the strings until she finally started locking her door to keep us out !!!LoL  !
.
.
All the Strings were on this and only thing I need now is to find a tuning Key wrench.
. This is what I am looking for now !
,
In talking with the Lady she let me have the Autoharp for,  "Hang on",  She said $10.00 dollars,  I said SOLD !!!!    She said she would never fix it as she didn't know how, had no Idea how to play in and then she said "Here" !
.
.
She gave me a grocery bag "Full" of sheet music for the Autoharp or Zither.
.
.
These sheets are old and brittle,  Each sheet is one song,  Lyrics and words on the left side and Notes or strings to pluck on the Right side, the sheet slides under the strings and rests so you look at it thru the strings !  I will get some cheap Womens Hair Spray and the sheets I want to handle I will place them in a Cardboard Box and spray them with Hair Spray to preserve them so I can handle them !
.
.
Looking good after all her Treatments for that Ugly Word Cancer,  Just had her Checkup and is doing Great !   No more Treatments, still taking lots of Iron, *(slofe) !
.


.
.
I am still Grilling and Chillin in the Garage !
.

I have to close and go over and check our the Shipslog and see what Jack and Sherry are up to !    Hope they are behaving !
.
.
.


1 comment:

jack69 said...

I thought I had commented, but Sherry said "We haven't commented on Woody's". LOL I have never figured how you could walk 'long' in snow shoes. It must be a LEARNED thing, I KNOW I would trip many times...
Boy the Autoharp shur brings back memories. Sister Shirley could play one, BUT all that music was a TREAT! Good find my friend... Anna Mae is looking GREAT for sure. Love you guys, not being mean, but I hope she has to wait at least 3 months before enough snow to try them out. LOL