Sunday, August 21, 2022

Dry Summer

It has been very dry here,  also Hot and Humid, this is not a complaint, just a statement as we know what is coming in a couple months.   Grass is Dry and Brown and have only needed to mow in a few places till we get some rain and we got it today while we were sitting in Church at 10AM !

.

.
It is raining pretty hard pout there now at 1:15 !!  My Honey has gone tpo pick up her mother and they are going to the Movie !
.
.
The Baltimore Orioles have gone and we had a lot of Baby Sparrows, the last batch is out and about Cheeping for Mom and Dad to feed them !  Above I put the feeders back up for fall and winter,  One of the first couples of a Red Cardinal and his Greenish Female partner were in for Sunflower Seeds and it was good to see them !
.
The Majestic Red Male on top of the feeder !
.
.
The shy Greenish colored Female Cardinal is in feeding before the rains this morning !
.
.
 We have 3 kinds of Wood Peckers and I have hung out the first Suet Tray !  First visitor was there to eat in a matter of minutes 
.
.
I am lucky as I can get close to the window now and het a good photo of the Hummingbirds as they feed !
.
.
Well, it is Pouring down Rain,  My Honey has gone to the Movie and I am gonna kick back for a nap !
.
Glad to see my Blogger Friend Jack over at "Shipslog" is doing better !  You can check out his work at this site below:
.
.

.
.
.
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Hey, you guys sure have a variety of birds. Great pictures. WE know the rain is certainly welcome. I love the smell after a long dry spell. Good Anna Mae is getting out with her mama. I know it is sweet to still have her around to enjoy. Yeah, I know it is time to kick back and relax. Thanks for the shout out, we are doing much better... Now we can smile.
Love from down here... TAke care of yourself...
Sherry & jack