Thursday, November 17, 2022

Storms Coming !

 Well, its the Middle of November and "Old Man Winter " is coming to the North Country !

.

They have closed all local Schools and some Businesses for Friday the 18th as we are supposed to get snow possibly in the Feet,  maybe 1 to 2 !
.
.
Above Map is for our Snow Fall Totals, we are up in the top in Red near Watertown,  The Weather Channel has gone to Buffalo and New York State has called Mandatory Overtime for all Snow Plow operators and are now calling out National Guiard for several Cities !   Sure is different than when I was a kid !
.
.
An old Picture of my Dad taken in the 60's,  I remember a winter Night it was 40 BELOW Zero,  The old 6 volt Battery in the Car was brought inside to get warm as there was Ice building up in the cells and we took a coal shovel and took a small shovel full of Hot Coal out and held it under the Oil Pan on the old 1947 Plymouth Father Drove to warm up the oil so it would start !
.
.
This how I will go outside, all nice and bundled up !
.
.
This is how my Honey will dress up if she has to move some Snow out of the way !
.
.

Tjis is my Favorite Time of Winter,       We are on the National News for this Storm !

.

.
.

3 comments:

jackie said...

I hope you will have help with the snow.

Be safe

NanaDiana said...

I grew up not too far from you. Just across the PA state line near Elmira, NY. I remember in 1958 when we were snowed in for two weeks and when they finally came through it took forever to clear the mountain roads. We had piles higher than the house out front. As kids, we loved it. As dairy farmers it was not so great as the milk had to be dumped out in the field and a path shoveled out to even do that. Diana

jack69 said...

I think I will stay down here... Stay warm. Yes we remember sub zero weather, but NOT that SUB... North Missouri. We hope all goes well and will be thinking of you. We will get cool but not COLD than goodness. Hope you both are feeling better and getting stronger...
Love from down here.. Hoping this posts...