Saturday, February 4, 2023

Inside Day 2 *(Cold)

Got up this morning at 5AM and it was - 31 BELOW Zero,  Cold,  Thankfully front part house was toasty warm, Not going anywhere again today so I crawled back in Bed till 8AM  !!!

.

.
I have been in Temps as far as having it in the minus 40 degree s below zero during school back in the 60's !   We didn't close school and I went to a country school till the 5th grade and remember walking to school in sub zero temps, also huddled around the wood stove in school !
.
.
The school was heated with a Pot Belly Wood stove,  the men of the community of Jones Pond paid part of their School Tax by donating a cord of wood cut, split and delivered to the school !
.
.
Well, as this is the 2nd day of not going outside I went to the Kitchen and made my favorite Cookie,  *(Sugar Cookies).  I made 2 dozen cookies, decorated them and have been snacking on them all afternoon !
.
I enjoyed making them for us and enjoy eating them more !
.
.
Cleaned dust off and wiped down the Utica Boiler.  The wire Page fence taped to the end is to keep the Cat from crawling up inside the boiler which she did this summer !
.
.
Getting tuned and ready, going down this coming week and play at a Nursing Home with another fella,   should be fun unless they shut it down due to Covid !
.
.
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

I definitely remember the Pot Belly stoves at home and in church, but thank goodness we did not have the CCCCold winters you had. Our schools did have those radiators and we did huddle around them.
Love the pictures and in my mind I think how much enjoyment you guys must have being able to play and sing. Some things the rest of us can only sit back and enjoy, not do.
Love from here. Cuddle with the lady and stay warm,
Sherry & jack smiling at the pot belly stove, in memories.