Friday, April 14, 2023

Heat Wave and Brittle Bones

Well we are enjoying an 81 degree day,  It is sunny and Hot out,  First day in a pair of shorts !

.

.

I was sitting down in recliner watching TV,  About 10:15PM I stood up and stepped forward and fell forward catching myself.  My leg was asleep.   Thinking nothing of it I went to bed. 

.

 Next Morning my leg and hip hurt !    It gradually got worst,  I started putting Ice packs on it and 2 weeks later I ended going to the Doctor, had X-Rays taken and now I have to go to an Orthopedic Doctor !

.

.
.
.

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Yeah, bones get brittle. Sorry to hear the results of the accident. Yeah, i catch myself many times, and it is a strain. Easy to pull or crack a bone forsure.
WE are having nice weather too. I am still over loaded (mostly in my mind methinks).
Take care my friend, hug that sweet lady but be careful as you do it.


;-).
From NC for anothe few days
Sherry & jack

salemslot9 said...

I had a freak accident when I was younger.
On a warm day I fell asleep on a living room chair.
I got up & fell against my Dad’s huge old tv set.
I didn’t hurt it but I hurt my leg.
I had to get 9 stitches.
I hope you feel better soon Woody.

Susan Kane said...

I am prone to falling, have to be really careful. Migraines affect my balance. You are part of the proud group of men who live in denial. When my husband tells me he needs to go to the doctor, I know it is serious.