Monday, April 10, 2023

"Homecoming" !!

I read with interest the Post on Homecoming on my Blogger Buddy, Shipmate Jack's site on his Blog at the SHIPSLOG at  Shipslog (shipslog-jack.blogspot.com).

.

Our Family had a Home coming for many Years when my Father and Mother were alive and some years after  they Passed away !

.

.
This picture has printed on the Back the South Edwards Sunday School of which my Grandfather and Great Uncle would be in !
.
.
My Grandfather Silas and Uncle Milo who were in the old above picture !
.

.
Bottom left front is my Grandmother Wood,  she was a (Jones) !
.
.
2nd in on back from right side is My Grandfather Wood !
.

.
Above is a Wood gathering about 1947 or1948,  I am a baby being held by my Mother on the right side. 
.
.
Above is a Whitford gathering of Mothers Family,  My Father in back right with his arm raised !
.
.
This above is the Lumley and Woods and that is my Great, Great Grandfather in lower left holding my Aunt !
.
Another Wood/Jones Homecoming with the circles around my Mother and Father and Gramp and Grandma Wood !
.
.
Here is my Siblings !
.
.
And now we have a larger gathering and our yearly Home Coming of Wood, Jones and Whitford  !
.
.
And another Gathering !
.
.
.
.


2 comments:

Susan Kane said...

The photos are amazing. The passage of time and the next generations are well represented!

jack69 said...

Hey Shipmate, Love the old pictures. Nice to blow them up and study them and note styles and buildings also. Homecomings are sweet, especially after a 6 month cruse......

Love you guys
Sherry & Jack enjoying the nice weather too.