Sunday, April 9, 2023

"HE IS RISEN" !

Saturday we got up and had Breakfast, went to Church and had a "Pie Sale",  we sold 26 donated Pies as a Fund Raiser for Church and I came home with a Freshly Baked "Pecan" or "Peacun" Pie !  It is delicious and I guess I will be sharing with the Neighbors as I can't eat the whole thing:  "Or Can I" ?

.


.

This is one of the few years there were no Grandbabies around to help decorate Easter Eggs so we boiled up some eggs, cooled them and we sat and decorated a few for each other.

.

.

We have had these cups, metal Egg Holders and wax crayons for years as we used them with Grandbabies !

.

The Eggs done and out for decoration, Then it will be Egg Salad Sandwich's and egg slices on crackers for a snack next week !.
.
We went to Church Friday and cleaned for Easter and then we filled and hid " Plastic easter Eggs" with candy in them all around the Church !
.
.
These are the Kids who swept thru the Church, laughing, shouting, "I Found One" and just making Merry ! It was enjoyable to see them enjoying themselves !
.

.
The Kids an Parents, Grandparents and friends gathered and some of the Ladies of the Church after the Easter Egg Hunt !
.
 "He Is Risen" was the cry this morning in our House at Daybreak as we were both awake at about Dawn.  We were up and enjoyed a Prayer, then Coffee and then we went to Church for "Easter" Services, My Honey was co-leader of Services as we are still waiting to find a Pastor.
.
Following Services we met up with My Honeys Brother and his wife and son and we went out for a Buffett Lunch . 
It was a Great Way to Celebrate Easter with the Lord and Family !
.
.
.

1 comment:

Susan Kane said...

Your post is delightful. We don't color eggs for our gr-kids, they are teens now. Pea-cun pie, indeed. I am from MidWest, and pecans orchards were nearby. Mom made the best pies. what a great idea, having an Easter egg hunt in the church. I enjoyed this, very much.