Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Iron Transfusion

Well today finally got here so I could go to the Tom and Mable Walker Cancer Treatment Center in Watertown for my appointment for my Iron Infusion !   I been waiting for over a Month, I need this for the Cancer Treatments.

.

.
My Bag of Iron mixed with saline and ready for injection !
.
.
All done with my Injection,  Iron Injections are faster, safer and get to Red Blood Cells quickly !
.
.

This is the Chemo and Infusions Room,  There are 8 Chairs available and they are usually all full !  You can watch TV, Have your wife with you at a distance.  Have juice, soda but NO Coffee.
.
Finished my Treatment an when leaving ran into my Brother Jim, He was there for his Chemotherapy Treatment for his Cancers, Jim is 90 and in pretty good shape !
.
.
.
.
 Top is Oldest Brother John,  Brother Donnie, an Sister Janice who have all passed away !
.
Go in Monday for my Infusion Port.  It hurts to take a deep breath, my right side is sore,  My Lymph Nodes under my right ard are tender to the touch !  I have an Ice Pack on my right side for Hours trying to ease the Pain,,, Cancer is NOT Painless !!! .
.
.
Tuesday is my first Chemo, I am ready for it to begin,  Nervous as I want this to work !  My Bags may be packed for Heaven but I'm not ready to "Board The Bus Yet"!
/
.
.

4 comments:

jackie said...

Sending lots of prayers your way!

jack69 said...

Yes my friend prayers here also. BUT stay away from magnets after the iron is added!!!
Good pictures today, THANKS for that also. Wishing and praying the best you r way.
From Florida
Sherry & jack

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog