Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Furniture Torture

I don't know if anyone has ever bought a piece of furniture and found it to be almost pure torture to put together, you would think that spending a fortune on a piece of wood, metal and glass that it would pop together in a snap !  Nope that's what my back did was "Snap" !  We spent Tuesday working on a piece we bought and had stored in garage.
.
.
The old TV stand had 3 wood shelves, it held the router, CD/VCR player and Cable Box, these would get hot and there was no way for air to move around them and we also wanted to change things around !
.
.
We changed TV over to being on a frame supported by a metal post and Glass Mirrored shelves, everything was screws, offset hangers, more screws an bolts, I could not use my electric screw driver as they said NOT to over tighten screws and bolts as it would shatter the glass, SO, it was lay on the floor, on my side or back, hand tighten them all using an allen or Hex driver   and after 4 hours, Job was done, Momma was happy so I was happy, next was off to buy a new LINKSYS Router for Computers and Phones as we are farther away from the TV Router now and signal is weaker!  Job Done, found a 5360 at Wally World !
.
We were up early to listen to the downpour we were getting, it really rained this morning and most of day.  We relaxed to rest the backs and aches and pains from yesterday !
.
We are enjoying the House, we do not really miss West Side Terrace but several Tenants keep me posted on whats going on !
.
.
I am still playing at the Nursing Home with Mark and Karl, we have seen a lot of New Faces and have missed some familiar faces as people come and go !
.
.
My Jades are doing very well outside, after todays soaking rain and cooler temps I will move them to inside the garage until I get some shelves built in the Garden Shed! I still have the Garden Shed to work on and some items that need to be be picked up I gave away!
.
It is dark, I need to go take my night Meds and settle down for the night with some head phones and some music !
.
Don't forget, remember our Vets !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Funny we have both been into furniture lately, but at least I didn't have a 'million' screws. nuts and bolts. I sympathize with you. I hope the tired muscles don't hang around too long, but listening to rain does help!