Saturday, December 21, 2019

Quiet Time

Not much going on, it is the Shortest day of the year and "The First Day Of Winter" !   We have came up from being BELOW ZERO to now all the way up to 16 Degrees !
.
.
This is one of my 4 :Jades",  a (Crassula), This was taken this summer and they all were not doing very well !    Not a lot of Growth !
.
.
I like Jades because my Father grew them, his were large and sit in windows in the cellar while I was growing up !    Good Memory !
.
.
When we moved into our New (Old ) House in Deferiet I took some time and trimmed, repotted and gave the 4 Jades some much needed attention !
.

.
My Honey is getting ready planning where her Wavy Petunias are going to be planted this spring !
.
.
Lst Years flower Bed My Honey planted, she plans changing it this coming Spring after winter !  We are already early looking at seed and plant catalogs !
.
.
Right now the Jades are full, green and growing nicely in the Laundry Room with a southern window for light.  They are doing OK !
.

.
My Honey has them shoveled out so now it is Time to bundle up put on a Mask and go outside and fill the bird feeders and suet feeders  after I clear off the foot of snow !
.

.
Don't forget our Veterans !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Hey Shipmate, I can appreciate a person that knows one plant from another. My brother was a big man and WWII Gunner's mate. He loved plants and flowers. I can still see those large hands gently handling plants he loved.
I don't know much about plants, but Imma expert of purty wimmin and me 'n you got one.
Love you both, stay warm we are up to 69 now. and I have a short blast of internet.
Sherry & jack