Thursday, December 26, 2019

Trip to St Joe's Hospital

Well, I might have over done it or the cold got to me but short of breath, light headed and back and jaw pain I went to my Local Cardioligist Dr. Ashraf, after an EKG and exam I was sent to St. Joe's Hospital in Syracuse, Thankfully it was 40 degrees, bare roads and being December 23rd not a lot of traffic.
.
Arrived and St. Joe's was expecting me, I am a repeat patient and was assigned to Dr. Cupoto who has done Catherizations on me !
 He put my first Stent in years ago !.
.
.
Dr. Caputo who is a terrific Doctor and a friendly outgoing man with a lot of compassion !
.
.
All prepped and relaxed for the Catherization Lab. It took very little time to get the ER Room, Blood Work, they pulled up my chart and away we went.
.
.
The Catherization and Heart room area are all Brand New, and Awesome! In I went, was sedated, awake and they came in and went right to work to get to the Heart thru my arm.
.
.
This insertion of a 8 inch plastic Sheath into the Artery in the wrist allows them to access the Heart. They allow you to watch the whole procedure on a 6 foot long TV if you want to watch or they Blind Fold you,  I now watch, they ask questions while doing the Cath as some place hurt and you have to tell them or they will put pressure in an area and ask if you can or can not feel it, I had all my Stents checked and my "Infraction Ejection" checked.
.
.
In the red circle was where the blockage is, they find this spot by injecting a contrast solution and looking around.  Below the red circle the bump is a expanded "Stent" from a prior blockage. I had a 90% and 10% Blockage.
.
.
This after the placement in a 90% blocked LAD Artery and a 10% blocked Stent I am back in the room, this is a new procedure to stop bleeding from cutting into an Artery !
.
.
All Bandaged up, had to spent Monday Night in Hospital and My Honey slept in a "Sleeping Area" right in my Room !
.
.
This is my arm and the Hole they went thru to get to my Heart.
.
Christmas was quiet, lots of Bed rest and Recliner Time watching the Birds and now I have to go to Cardiac Rehabilitation in about 2 weeks or when Dr. says it's OK.
.
Glad to be Home,   Don't forget our Vets !
.









1 comment:

Susie said...

When my Ted was 48, well two days before that, he had an episode of sweating, irritability, and feeling sick...I told him that was signs of heart attacks. I gave him two aspirin , after five minutes he was ready for me to take him to the E.R. I told them he was having a heart attack, they put clot busters in after doing tests, took him by ambulance to a hospital near by for a heart cath. He had a 95 % blockage. Got a stent and put on meds. and he went strong for 20 years , then now we are in this cancer battle. But Honestly another heart cath even caught that...they did a hemaglobin check and it was 5.5 when it's suppose to be 13 to 17 . I am so glad your wife and you went to the hospital....we all need to know the signs of heart problems. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Blessings to you and your wife, xoxo, Susie