Tuesday, January 14, 2020

January Calm

Well, right now we are in the January Calm, There is hardly any Snow,oh there is a small pile here and there from someone plowing out a driveway but not around our house, The Temperature was 54 degrees and rain so "Good-Bye Snow for right now, but it will be back !
.
.
Way in the Back is a small strip of Snow, not much !  The Christmas Bulbs in the picture are now taken down, coiled, labeled where they go and stored in the Garden Shed on the right !
.
So, one might ask, what does one do in mid January when there is plans for going riding on a "Snowmobile" which I do not like, never did ! 
.
My Neighbor loves to ride his Machine and this is how he usually rides it out back!
.
.
This is my Idea of a "Snow Machine", enclosed, heated, soft seats and quiet and smooth riding, I have ridden in similar to these dragging the "Sno Mobile Trails" to smooth and make them easier to ride, this business up here is big and brings in lots of money in gas, food and lodging, except this year it has hurt local snow mobile trail stops !
.
.
This is some of the Machines in Old Forge, New York up in the Adirondacks, it is not unusual to see a hundred of these traveling down a Trail !
.
.
Another way we beat the winter doldrums is looking at pictures and wondering where we were, what we were doing ? Above we are sharing a Bottle of Sparkling Apple Cider we brought down from New York to Okeechobee Florida !
.
.
We could not figure out this Picture until we realized it was taken over on the Peace River in Arcadia Florida when we walked back on a sand trail into the bush and came upon this little area, no idea who or why it was there as there is no houses or places around it !
.
.
This picture there was no question, we were walking the Brim over at Okeechobee Florida !
.
.
I caught her "Flirting with this Guy" !
.
.
We finally realized this one was taken in North Carolina at a Battlefield, we can't remember which one !
.
.
Above was at the Seminole Indian Reservation at a Rodeo!
.
.
And here in My Honey  with her Favorite, Willie Nelson up in Nashville !
.
.
And here I am with my Favorite in Myrtle Beach !!!
.
Don't Forget, Remember our Vets !

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Yeah, it is fun to go back over photos and do some memory work. I love the pictures. Thinking of lake Okeechobee, I remember our first time there, I could not believe there was a bank all the way around that sucker.
You tell that lady Willie is okay to hang with, he is old, BUT WATCH THEM SAILORS, she knows the results of that.
I probably wouldn't care much for the snow mobiles. I am not a 4 wheeler nut either. LOL

Love you guys, Hug that pretty lady for us,
Sherry & jack

NanaDiana said...

I used to live in Ft.Myers,FL so have been to Arcadia and the Peace River many times. Beautiful spot.
I would be happy to send you some snow. We have plenty with another big snow storm coming this weekend. Diana