Friday, May 1, 2020

Surviving

It sure is good to be home and getting back on my feet,  I have rested, been trying the cellar stairs and monitoring my Vital Signs !.
It seems there is still a great need for Toilet Paper and now "Meat",  there is a run on Beef, Chicken and Steaks !  
We don't get too concerned as I can still hunt and Fish and Our Freezer is full of Beef, Pork, Fish and Venison Steak !
.
.
Pretty well picked over, I think a lot of it is there is "No School" from now till September 4th !  People have to now feed their families !!
.
.
Dinner tonight was "Breakfast",  Blueberry Pancakes, Sausage and a double yoker Egg, 2 of them, WoW !   We enjoy having Breakfast and dinner time !
.
.
I remember my Grandmother up before dawn the wood cook stove going, water boiling, I went to the Hen House an got Eggs putting them in a Basket, I would come back in with 8 to 12 warm fresh brown eggs!
.
.
Over she would go and get the Butter Jar and Bacon Fat Crock and start cooking Gramps breakfast as he was out in the Barn Hand Milking 8 cows and feeding several Teams of Horses but his breakfast of eggs, meat, pancake, Toast, coffee,  Juice with different Jams and fresh honey would be on the small kitchen table ready for him !
.

.
Grandma sitting beside the Window after feeding Gramp Breakfast and outside, in her right hand she is holding a "Camel" cigarette which she smoked !
.
.
There were 4 cellars or basements in Gramps House, 1 was nothng but shelves of canned foods, all kinds of it, 1 was where we stored Potatoes loosely along with cabbages, carrots, turnips, parsnips, to name a few !
.
Gramp and Grandma didn't worry about food !
.
 Cool enough out to wear a Flannel Shirt.
.
.
We had a great meal, nice conversation and finally it is going to quit raining so we can get outside !
.
.
I found this poor little fella on the ground, I picked him up and it was a little Goldfinch so I put him in my Christmas tree !!
Well, it's time for the News!
.
Don't forget. remember our Veterans !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

We enjoyed this. Loved the pictures of your Grandma. The breakfast sounded just like a FARM breakfast. GREAT. I had a short stint of gathering eggs from 4 to 5 years old then we moved to town.
I always get a smile at the pictures. Thanks and glad you are up and AROUND. Good stuff/
Love to you guys,
Sherry & jack