Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Cooking and Doctors

Well. lets see whats been going on,  We went to Syracuse to the Surgeon and had my Neck Checked again and some tests, afterwards went downtown to the lebanese Market and stocked up !
,
.
SAMIRS sells Lebanese Food, breads, coffee and spices and flours and grains and meats.     We enjoy the Shopping experience and the couple who own the store treat us very nice, they speak all Lebanese in the store so I am out of my element !!!!
.
.
My Honey picking up Burgal and also some spices and other items !     
.
.
This is Barrells of "Olives" all types and kinds, I hate Olives so lucky she does not buy more than she can eat !
.
.
I love the Flat unleavened Marook Bread, I buy extra and freeze it for later !
.
.
Grape Leaves, stuffed with Rice, Lamb, Burgal, and Spices and Tomato Sause then pickled.  I like them better not pickled!
.
.
My Honey cleaning Koosa, We got this at the Bakery, it is imported from Mexico and shipped to Syracuse,  a little expensive but well worth it till it come in in the local gardens !  it is a small squash type veggie, it is carefully hollowed out of seeds and pulp.
.
.
The Koosa is stuffed with Small cut up pieces of Lamb, Rice, Burgal, Tomato Sause, spices and them steamed !
.
.
Pot is filled with stuffed Koosa and slowly cooked for several hours !
.
.
Stuffed Koosa and Marook Bread with Honey Butter and It was delicious !    Can't wait for local Koosa to come into  local Gardens !
.
Good Meal,    Blessed !!!
.
Don't forget our Veterans !

2 comments:

Susie said...

Well I never heard of that food. I like olives. Hope your neck will be fine. Seems some times all we get to do is go get worked on by dentists and doctors. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

jack69 said...

I have never eaten Lebanese food, but that sure looks good. Sounds good also. What a treat, I assume Anna Mae speaks or handles Lebanese well. I envy anyone who can get by on the second language here in the USA, I have tried French and Spanish, no luck with either.
Anyway hope the neck is better and life levels out with good weather, what a drop in temps. wild.
Love from down here,
Sherry & jack