Saturday, August 22, 2020

Surprises Happen

Well, well, working on the Deck and around the house I started feeling some issues a couple weeks ago,  I just brushed them off as just the way it is.  We went into Town, shopped and ran errands and went up to Church,  I started to feel light headed and had some chest tightness!   Well as long as we were in town we shot over to my Doctor and went in, He came out to see me and said to go to the Emergency Room !   They put me in a wheel chair and over I went.
.
In the ER I was checked, they decided to send me to Syracuse to St. Joseph's Hospital by Ambulance which is over an Hour Ride down but closest one with Heart Surgeons. It was Wednesday night.
.
Got there, settled into a Room, Tests and Blood work, Doctors in and out and after consultations at 11PM I was scheduled for a Heart Catherization in the morning, Thursday ! 
.
.
In the Morning, Thursday bright and early they came and wheeled me down to the Operating room, prepped me and we had the Heart Catherization,  The Cath revealed I had a 75-80% Blockage on the RCA, a Stent was 40% blocked and another Stent 10% Blocked.  The smaller blockages were fixed and a New Stent was placed in the RCA, this made Stent # 13 in the Heart and hopefully fixed the problems.  I was taken back to my Room and as I was sedated I slept a lot till the Nurses came in to get me up walking !
.
Due to Covid, There is NO Visitors and Family Members are limited to 4 hours of visitation so I was by Myself Wednesday Night and Thursday,  My Honey came down and got me Friday Afternoon when I was released from the Hospital !    Right Now I am home taking it easy for awhile.
.
I got a chance to catch up on Jacks "Shiplog" Blog at:  http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
.
I am truly Blessed and God is Good!    Good to be home !
.
Don't Forget our Vets !

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Shipmate, you are gonna have to do better. Maybe more oatmeal!
Seriously, sorry to see this, but better caught now. Prayers for you and especially for the situation where your sweetie cannot hold your hand. I know I would miss mine. Now try to be good, mama wants you home.
Love and prayers your way, we leave Oregon and head about the full length of Californis before heading for Las Vegas to see a cousin there.
The best to you and the sweet lady.
Sherry & jack with JJ the last from Oregon.