Sunday, January 24, 2021

Catching Up

 Well we had a "Bad Spell" and ended up in the Hospital again,  I was having recurring chest pain and short of breath, pain in left arm and back which are all not good signs.  I ended up in the Carthage ER and was kept in ICU overnight, I was Transported to Syracuse, 1 1/2 hour ride in Ambulance and taken to St. Josephs Hospital Cardiac unit.

Wife not allowed to Visit but she came to visit me outside my window, I could Only wave to her and her me.  Sad !

.

.
My Honey got to see me OUTSIDE the CAH as they were loading me to Transport me to Syracuse to St. Joes.
.
I had a Covid 19 Test at Carthage Hospital which was Negative but had to have another one to be admitted to St. Joes. 
Another Negative Test by Nose Swab.  I had my Covid Shot on January 14th but My Honey can't as not 65 Yet !

I went right to the Heart Cath Lab and A Nice Doctor came out and examined me and I was prepped and went right into the Operating room, stripped and laid out for another Heart Cath,  Dr. Welch did the Cath and then I went to recovery, I had my Phone and was able to keep in Contact with My Honey as there are no Visitors Allowed in Hospitals nor are Wives allowed in due to this Covid. Nurse took my Photo,  Great Nurses and Staff and Support people as usual !   

.

.
All Stents were checked, wire  all ran thru stents, no blockages and some stenosis noted on some,  The Myrocardial Bridge it seems caused the Problems again .  Seems the Muscle is thickening around the LED and slowing down Blood Flow,  Medications changed, Hepburn Shots were given in the Stomach area to thin out Blood even more than it was to allow for faster flow during recovery.  I was taken to Holding area to stay and spend the night for recovery !
.
Up Early for Echogram of the Heart and Blood work, I then started to get out of bed and had to Walk the Hallway as they monitored my Blood Pressure and Heart Rate an was walked with a Nurse by my side, I did this all day off and on,  I did OK, recovery was OK so called my Honey and advised her I was being released and she could come and get me,  It is over an Hour Ride from Home to Syracuse.   She called me from the front entrance and a Nurse wheeled me down to go home.  
.
.
Home and Right to Bed, Tired and sore, slept like a Rock.  Got up this Morning and slowly moved around, No Shower or Bath as cannot get Incision wet nor uncover it and remove pressure Bandage.  The Blue Strap on my Right wrist is incision where they get to go thru into the Heart.
.
Its Cold outside, already 2 below Zero at 9PM !!!
.
.

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Hey, knock it off. Just stick around home and take APC pills.
Seriously sorry to hear this, yep those are signs you cannot ignore. Glad you are back home. Take care and LISTEN TO THAT PRETTY NURSE!!!

Love sent to both of you, I know mama was praying and concerned.,
BE SAFE and just relax a little.
Sherry & jack in a cool NC.

jackie said...

Rest and relax! Enough excitement for the time being.