Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Summer Wind Down

Well, Today is the Last Day of Summer,  Tomorrow on September is the Equinox of Fall around 3PM in the afternoon,  We have had a pretty good summer and also some really heavy Rains which we needed,  The Gardens have done Great, Apple, Grapes, Cherries, Plums, and the Veggies also did awesome with all this nice hot weather we have had !

.

.
Days pretty much follow each other,  Up early, Coffee and watch the News,  Thursday I work in the Morning at the American Legion, I am the Historian and Public Affairs Officer an My Honey and several other Ladies clean, disinfect and get the Church Ready for Sunday.
 Friday  is usually the Dinner Date when we take Anna Maes Mother out for a "Fish Fry" and Sunday is our day for Church ! 
.
The Months follow a pattern, the first Tuesday is Monthly Elks Meeting, the second Tuesday is my Legion Meeting, the 3rd Tuesday is our second Elks monthly Meeting.  The third Wednesday is our Masonic Lodge Meeting,  Doctors for Eyes, Teeth, Heart come once every 3 months.
.
.
I am not complaining,  I enjoy being retired and like where I live and am content.
.
I read over on Jacks Blog an interesting bit about Pocket Knives.  Shipslog (shipslog-jack.blogspot.com)   .  
 I have one I carry now and as a Policeman we always carried a Case Knife on our Belts while working. 
.
Above is picture of my Grampa's knifes,  the Yellow, (Pearl) handled one on top an black handled one., the Black handled one on the left,  the Rule was my Dads,  The box is a Tin of my Dads hand tied flies for Fly Fishing,  The Jar is a jar of old Coins and some other coins I put in Plastic Cases from my Grand Father.  My Gramps Awl for Leather work, My Dad's company issued safety Glasses and his Case for them. 
.
.
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Thanks for the shoutout. Oh boy about the photos, love 'em. One day we might get something to grow, I hope next year. I might think about ordering them to grow. LOL
What a great memory collage. I treasure a yellow handled pocket knife, OLD, and given to me by an old preacher who said it was getting too big for him to carry around. The folding ruler brings back memories. I knew carpenters who could open and fold those things about as fast as a man today pulls a tape.
Thanks, I did enjoy the visit. Stay safe up there. Hugs to the pretty hard working lady!
Sherry & jack