Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Christmas ups and downs

I enjoyed putting up the Shelf in the Laundry Room for a couple plants but they were too close together SO:  I put up another Shelf:

.


The left window with a shelf so worked on putting up another one !

.

.
Shelf is up,  The plants now have room to grow !  The shade can still be put up an down and window will still open !
.
.
The Amarylis grew and grew and finally had all 4 Blossomed for Christmas and is Beautiful and very tall !
.
Well Christmas arrived and we enjoyed a nice quiet Saturday Morning opening up and exchanging gifts.  We got up early and set out a nice Prime Rib t cook to tank to My Honeys Mothers !    we let it sit out to get to room temp, meanwhile  we enjoyed coffee and relaxing !

.

.
1 nice gift came from My Son Jonathan in Oregon, it is an Earnie Ball Tool Kit for working on Musical Instruments which I needed !
.
My Honey got me new Slippers, the right one is over 25 years old and pretty well worn,  these are Deer Hide and wool libed and very warm !
.
My Honey with a beautiful Otter which is just perfect for her Otter Collection !
.
We cooked the Prime Rib after rubbing it down with pepper, garlic and Onion Powder,  put it in oven at  500 degrees for 1 hour then shut off oven and let it sit.  We packed it up at noon and went to My Honeys Mothers  with the Prime Rib and there we had a nice 1PM Lunch with her Mother and 2 Uncles.  Great Meal.

.

Home and rested up and up Sunday Morning headed out for Church at 9AM !  I followed my Honey and when I got to the top step I hit an Icy Patch and down I went !

.


.  
Yup I hit all 5 stairs and the concrete on my butt, back and shoulder.
.
.
With Bone Bruises on my Tail Bone, middle of my back and neck I am finally out of bed and able to sit on a pillow with an ice pack and then Heating Pad for awhile, Only some minor cuts and scratches, I do have some powerful Pain Meds but am only taking Tylenol for now!  Iam Truly "Blessed" it was not far worse than it was !
.
My friend Jack over at Shipslog:    Shipslog (shipslog-jack.blogspot.com)

wanted to know how to write JACK in Arabic.  We have a Lady who would know !  this is a picture of how it is written !
.
Time to lay down with an Ice Pack and read !  Almost Bed Time !
.
.

2 comments:

jack69 said...

I'm reading along as happy as I can be, great learning that someone has shoes as old as I do. Then the Prime Rib showed up and I drooled. And a pretty picture of your Honey NICE, the BAM... WOW glad you didn't break anything. I didn't want to see you in sick bay again...
TAke care,
Love from down here
Sherry & jack sending GET BETTER SOON wishes...

Eileen in Fla. said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. (Glad it wasn't a hip!) Hope you recuperate very fast.