Saturday, June 18, 2022

Cold Wake John Miller

 The weather sure has changed, we were sweltering in almost 90 degree heat and high Humidity, it was OK outside as long as there was a breeze and a little shade !

.

My Honey dressed for the Heat and Humidity !
.
Today we went to a "Wake" outside for a friend of ours who passed away this winter,  we held his wake at his residence up in "Beartown",  It was outside and it was "Cold" !
.
.
It was cold outside, the Temperature was 48 degrees,  a wind and no sun and the Temp went up to 51 degrees ,  I froze but it was a good service and Tribute to a Good Man, there were many family and friends gathered in the woods above his Pond and a plenty of seating!!!
.
.
We had several of these nice hot fires going around the area,  The wind was Bitter built fires were warm !
.
.
There was a Buffet and there was everything you could want to eat.  Also a very large Desert Table, My Honey made a Rhubarb Cake and there was my Favorite there from a Chocolate Mayonaise Cake to a Carrot Cake and good fresh Hot Coffee.  
.
My Shipmate/Blogger Jack on his site Posts pictures of old unusual vehicles in different settings, you get a chance go over to:
.
.
I found this Picture and wanted to share it with him !  It is a 1951 NASH Commander Police Car !
.
This me in 1974 with a newer Plymouth !
.
.
.

1 comment:

jack69 said...

Oh my, oh my! What a weather change. Good photos and a pretty lady also. I actually remember the Nash Police cars. Nash made a good car, some of the features were ahead of it's time, but not the body design LOL Thanks for the picture. BTW what happened to the policeman with the Plymouth? LOL
Love you guys, jack & Sherry down in NC and it is HOT!