Saturday, October 15, 2022

Happy Birthday NAVY !!

 Happy Birthday, October 13th , the UNITED STATES NAVY !!

.

.


.
A few years ago!    Quite a few years ago !
.

.
.
I learned a lot in the Navy, I learned to Take all I wanted as long as I ate All I took !
.
.
I learned to March !  Both for Punishment and also for Show !
.
.
7 row back, far left !
.
.
I also learned to Drink and was glad I found out some things need to be used in Moderation !
.
.
I learned how to "Listen" and be able to Sort Out BS !!!
.
.
I learned how to Honor a Chief with nothing more than a "Piece of Paper" !
.
I learned to Love this Duty Station !
.
.
2nd from right in rear !
.
,
I learned how much I missed my Foot Locker and Seabag !
.
.
I learned what being "Turned Inside Out" felt like in a Rough Sea !
.
.
I learned how to do the "Figure 8" Dance !
.
.
 I also learned sometimes it takes more than 1 or 2 shots to     "Hit The Target" !!  This was Pure Enjoyment !
.
A REAL SAILOR

.


.
.
 There are some friendships that last forever !
.
.

.
.
.

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Great pictures. One of my best friends spent his whole career in the Navy and just retired a few years ago. That first picture says it all, doesn't it?!

jack69 said...

Diana hit the nail on the head. Yep, I noticed on all my alerts today, this was above my 'Cuss like a Sailor!' I think of you often when I see a reference to the USN. And that one picture made me think how the NOrth Atlantic could even pitch a carrier around we would look when we could and wonder how you guys did on a real ship! LOL
Some of my best memories are in the USN. Great pictures, And yep I know where the term Swabbie comes from. LOL
The best to you and Anna Mae as you surface from a real storm, may you guys have some calm seas and a following wind.
We are thinking of you....Sherry & jack

I did see one OLD swabbie Thanks, I do remember him..... ;-)