Thursday, October 20, 2022

Home Owners Jobs

 I am not a Plumber,  I have however dabbled in it over the past on some of the Houses and Apartment Houses and Apartments I have lived in !

.

.
Our little House is called a "Bungalo", it was owned and built by the St. Regis Paper Mill,  In 1899, the St. Regis Paper Company built 52 homes, a general store, and a hotel on a manmade island in the Black River and called it Deferiet. The St. Regis Paper Company at one time employed hundreds of Italian, Hungarian, and Polish immigrants, and up to 1,500 people lived in Deferiet. Today, Deferiet is home to less than 260 residents.
.
This morning I tackled the Bathroom Vanity, the water was slowly trickling out and was plugging up,  I had to work laying on the Floor   on my side,  I had to be careful as this Morning I had my Moderna Covid Booster Shot,  this was my 5th Shot for Covid and 1 shot for Flu Season!
.
.
I had to remove the "P Trap" and when taking the connector Tube out of the wall it broke off,  I was lucky as there was just enough of an edge to grab and wiggle and twist it out !
.
.
My back is up tight to the Bathtub and laying in front of the Vanity working !
.
.
Drain pipe in the wall going down to the Cellar Plugged !
.

.
The 1 an 1/4 inch drain pipe !  Plugged except for a very small area !
.
.
Putting back the replacement parts, only had 1 leak, had a plastic washer on backwards, changed it and so far so good,  I am sore and can feel my arm where I had my Booster Shot !
.
.
Finished it up finally and here is the results, I hope My "Blogger Shipmate" Jack over at "Shipslog" Shipslog (shipslog-jack.blogspot.com)  not look too close at this and notice some old mixed with New Parts !
.
.
.


.


1 comment:

jack69 said...

I do not like tight places to work, my arms rebel.. I was straining with you though, I know you breathed easier when the slip pipe slipped out. That would have been a bugger in the wall. Yeah, folks don't realize how tough water can be sometimes, Most plumbing problems MUST be watched for a couple days, if there is a way out water can find it. One backwards washer only, that is good! With any plumbing job I am surprised if I have no leaks......
The best to you guys. Sending love to you and Sweet Anna Mae.
Sherry & jack