Friday, January 13, 2023

Squared Away with a Cath

Well, we have been doing good so Far, My Honey just had her Check Up at the Walker Cancer Treatment Center and got a "All Clear" from the Doctor she is Cancer Free still !  I have been having some issues with some Muscle Pains on my upper left side,  well Tuesday Night those Muscle Pains turned out to be Cardiac Issues,  High Pulse, High Blood Pressure SO;  A Call into 911 and Off I go in Ambulance to Carthage Area Hospital,  small little Village Hospital with about 30 Beds and and an Emergency Room where I ended up,  Put on a Nitro Patch, given some Fentanyl  and some tests !

.

.
Quick check on the Heart Monitor showed I was having some AFIB and throwing PVC'S.  You can Google them to find out what they are !
.
So in calling the Hospital I usually go to the Dr. found a bed and  I was transported down to Syracuse in a Hour and 15 minute Ambulance Ride to St. Josephs Hospital !
.
I was taken right into the Prep room on arrival and gotten scrubbed and ready for another Heart Catherization,  I was going to have a Heart Doctor I had before who had checked me and put in Stents !
.

Cardiac catheterization is a procedure in which a thin, flexible tube (catheter) is guided through a blood vessel to the heart to diagnose or treat certain heart conditions, such as clogged arteries or irregular heartbeats. Cardiac catheterization gives doctors important information about the heart muscle, heart valves and blood vessels in the heart.

During cardiac catheterization, doctors can do different heart tests, deliver treatments, or remove a piece of heart tissue for examination. Some heart disease treatments — such as coronary angioplasty and coronary stenting — are done using cardiac catheterization.

Usually, you'll be awake during cardiac catheterization but be given medications to help you relax. 
.
.
.
This is how they got into the Heart to check my Stents,  Inside they found some Stenosis on 3 of the 14 Stents I have !
.
This is what the screen looks like and you can watch the procedure as you are awake for it or they will give you a blindfold.  I watch them do mine !
.

.

The arm they do the Cath on !
.
I was brought back to my room and left to recover.
.
My Honey came and picked me up and brought me Home where I have 5 days of rest, no lifting with the left arm and take my Medications !
.
If I was in Florida I could maybe walk some with Jack around his Park,  Shipslog (shipslog-jack.blogspot.com)  

.

We got home and I slept a lot last nite and rested today, Mother Nature gave us about 5 - 6 inches of Snow today and My Honey took care of it with the "Sno Joe" !

.

.
.









.


.

3 comments:

salemslot9 said...

I didn’t know about your wife since I’ve been away from blogger. Thank God she’s alright now. You too. :)

jack69 said...

AND THEN YOU SAID: I was brought back to my room and left to recover....
I sure am glad you DID RECOVER! We know Anna Mae is. WE sure admire that lady, and SO PROUD she got a GREAT report. We have thought about her a lot.
WE were very surprised at the BIG trip to SICKBAY! Good post I did get an education. And wish you were down here for a little walk around.
Love you guys, Stay WARM and when you recover enough Give your care giver a big hug and smooch for us. She is looking good!!
Sherry & jack we are down to 38 already at about 11PM

Woody said...

Goy up this Morning to - 1 Below ZERO, but some sunshine and it is now up to 16 degrees, regular Heat Wave ! 1 more day in Sick Bay than can do some exercises.
Stay Warm down there and behave, enjoy those walks, hard to believe something so simple can be missed so much like "Walking" ! Oh Well, sending down Love and Warm thopughts from the Frozen North, Gary and Anna Mae